Dates: Saturday 15th July 2023
Venue: Littleheath Barn Studio, Littleheath Lane, Lickey End, Bromsgrove B60 1HU.
TIME: 10am - 3.30/4pm
Westalee Rulers can help transform your Free Motion Quilting by enabling you to undertake creative free motion quilting in a controlled way on your domestic sewing machine. Using the rulers will help you to stitch a large range of beautiful patterns and designs, to complement your quilts.
As using a new product can be intimidating, this class is designed to help you get the most from your Westalee Rulers by providing hands on advice, guidance and encouragement. Several elements will be covered on this interactive day including, attaching the Westalee foot and setting the height correctly, holding and using the standard ruler to good effect and using ruler markings.
There will be plenty of hands on practice and you will make 3-4 sample blocks to showcase the skills learnt on the day.
To attend this class you will need the appropriate Westalee equipment for your machine:
Westalee Ruler Foot & 12" Arc Ruler (Starter Set: Cottonpatch product codes: 11618/11619/11620/11621)
Spacing Gauge (11829 - this no longer comes in the Starter Set and needs to be purchased separately)
Extension table for your machine.
If you do not already own a Westalee Ruler Foot Starter Set it may be possible for you to attend this workshop on a 'try before you buy' basis by prior arrangement. Please contact Angela with the make & model of your machine and the workshop date you're interested in to see if this can be arranged.
Westalee Ruler Feet and Rulers can be purchased from Cotton Patch (www.cottonpatch.co.uk), where you will find a very useful ebook to help you to work out which is the correct version for your machine. Any query regarding the type of foot needed please contact Jayne on 0121 702 2840 or at email@example.com and she will be happy to help.
Once booked on a workshop I can offer you a discount code which entitles you to 10% off any Westalee products online at www.cottonpatch.co.uk
Cotton Patch also supply a range of Sew Steady extension tables for most makes and models of machines. These are made to order and imported from the USA and so can take up to 8 to 10 weeks to be delivered. Please bear this in mind if you need to order a table prior to attending this introduction day.
EQUIPMENT & MATERIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Sewing Machine - (if you have an electronic machine with stop/start button please bring your foot pedal!)
- Appropriate Westalee Ruler Foot, 12" Arc Ruler, Spacing Gauge and extension table for your machine
- 6 quilt sandwiches approximately 9’’ square - 2 for general practice work and 4 for sample stitched patterns. Suggest good quality plain cotton fabric, strong bold colours, no white, cream or calico please.
- Patchwork ruler/square - 6" or larger, you will need to mark out a 6" square and from corner to corner.
- General sewing kit (scissors, spare bobbins etc.)
- Notebook, pen/pencil
- Thread of your choice - I will have a selection of Glide (1000m) with me to purchase on the day.
• Fabric marker/pencil of some kind (I will be discussing options as part of the course so please do not purchase anything special for this workshop, a sharp pencil or fine liner will suffice for the day as we