Westalee Rulers can help transform your free-motion quilting by enabling you to undertake creative free-motion quilting in a controlled way on your domestic sewing machine. Using the rulers will help you to stitch beautiful patterns and designs usually reserved for Longarm machines.
If you love the elegance of quilted 'feathers' but struggle to master them free-hand, the Westalee Template Set may be high on your wish list. Or maybe you've already purchased a set but have yet to get to grips with them. You may attend this workshop with any of the Westalee templates listed below. They include tradtional Feathers, the more organic Feathered Leaf and the Paisley set. Please note Cotton Patch product codes listed.
Feather templates are as easy to use as any other template physically, however, good pattern-making and design choices can be difficult initially. This one day workshop is designed to help you get the most (and a little bit more!) from your template set. You will learn the techniques to stitch beautiful feathers on straight lines, curves, graduating in size and even stitch shapes that aren't feathers!
PLEASE NOTE: WESTALEE TEMPLATES REQUIRED
To attend this class you will need the appropriate
• Westalee Ruler Foot
• Spacing Gauge
• Feather Template Set (11624/11625)
OR Feathered Leaf Template Set (13233/13234)
OR Paisley Set (13869/13870)
• Westalee Stitching Line Discs (12122) - I have these available to loan or to purchase at the workshop
• Sampler Set (11622/23) - if you have it though it's not essential
Westalee Ruler Feet and Rulers can be purchased from Cotton Patch (www.cottonpatch.co.uk), where you will find a very useful ebook to help you to work out which is the correct version for your machine. Any query regarding the type of foot needed please contact Jayne on 0121 702 2840 or at email@example.com and she will be happy to help.
Once booked on a workshop you'll receive a discount code which entitles you to 10% off any Westalee products online at www.cottonpatch.co.uk
Cotton Patch also supply a range of Sew Steady extension tables for most makes and models of machines. These are made to order and imported from the USA and so can take up to 8 to 10 weeks to be delivered. Please bear this in mind if you need to order a table prior to attending a workshop.
GENERAL EQUIPMENT & MATERIAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Sewing Machine with drop feed - if you have an electronic machine with stop/start button, please bring your foot pedal.
• Extension table for your machine (a flat bed is required, a curved table will not be suitable)
• 2 fat quarter sandwiches, plus one smaller sandwich for practice/testing
- (no white, cream or calico please)
• Fabric marker pen/pencil(s) of your choice
• Pencil or Frixion Pen (or similar) for use on paper (do not buy especially I will have some to borrow).
• long quilting Ruler (X x 24")
• Thread - I will have a small selection of Glide thread available to purchase
• Sampler Set (11622/23)
• Westalee Stitching Line Discs (12122) - I will have these available to loan or to purchase at the workshop
• Quilting Gloves such as 'Machingers'
• Glider Sheet
• Chair cushion for extra height! :)
Thank you for looking at my workshop!