Venue: Various - see above list
TIME: 10am - 3.30/4pm
Westalee Rulers can help transform your Free Motion Quilting by enabling you to undertake creative free motion quilting in a controlled way on your domestic sewing machine. Using the rulers will help you to stitch a large range of beautiful patterns and designs, to complement your quilts.
As using a new product can be intimidating, this class is designed to help you get the most from your Westalee Rulers by providing hands on advice, guidance and encouragement. Several elements will be covered on this interactive day including, attaching the Westalee foot and setting the height correctly, holding and using the standard ruler to good effect and using ruler markings.
There will be plenty of hands on practice and you will make 3-4 sample blocks to showcase the skills learnt on the day.
To attend this class you will need the appropriate Westalee equipment for your machine:
Westalee Ruler Foot & 12" Arc Ruler (Starter Set product codes: 11618/11619/11620/11621)
Spacing Gauge (11829 - this no longer comes in the Starter Set therefore you may need to purchase separately)
Extension table for your machine.
If you do not already own a Westalee Ruler Foot Starter Set it may be possible for you to attend this workshop on a 'try before you buy' basis by prior arrangement. Please contact Angela with the make & model of your machine and the workshop date you're interested in to see if this can be arranged.
Westalee Ruler Feet and Rulers can be purchased from Cotton Patch (www.cottonpatch.co.uk), where you will find a very useful ebook to help you to work out which is the correct version for your machine. Any query regarding the type of foot needed please contact Jayne on 0121 702 2840 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will be happy to help.
Once booked on a workshop I can offer you a discount code which entitles you to 10% off any Westalee products online at www.cottonpatch.co.uk
Cotton Patch also supply a range of Sew Steady extension tables for most makes and models of machines. These are made to order and imported from the USA and so can take up to 8 to 10 weeks to be delivered. Please bear this in mind if you need to order a table prior to attending this introduction day.
EQUIPMENT & MATERIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Sewing Machine with drop feed - (if you have an electronic machine with stop/start button please bring your foot pedal!)
- Appropriate Westalee Ruler Foot, 12" Arc Ruler, Spacing Gauge and extension table for your machine
- 2 quilt sandwiches approximately 12’’ square - for general practice work.
- 4 quilt sandwiches approximately 10’’ square - for sample 6” stitched patterns – suggest good quality plain cotton fabric (preferably not white, cream or calico)
- Quilt ruler/square - 6" or larger, you will need to mark out a 6" square and from corner to corner.
- General sewing kit (scissors, needles etc.)
- Notebook, pen, pencil
- Thread - I will have a selection of Glide (1000m) with me to purchase on the day.
• Fabric marker/pencil of some kind (I will be discussing options as part of the course so please do not purchase anything special for this workshop, a sharp pencil or fine liner will suffice for the day as we are only stitching samples).
• Chair cushion for extra height – you may find the chairs a little low for this kind of work :)
• Quilt gloves such as 'Machingers'
• Glider sheet
PRE-COURSE PREP WORK:
Please sandwich the wadding between your fabric squares with right sides of fabric facing outwards.
Tack/baste (basting spray is fine) in preparation for quilting.
Thank you for looking at my shop!
Westalee Ruler Starter Day - Beginners 1 day workshop
If you’re unable to attend a booked workshop please give me as much notice as possible. Refunds will be granted where possible, given at least 1 months notice, unless your cancellation leads to the workshop not running due to too few numbers. Granted refunds will incur a 10% transaction fee. Refunds will not be granted within 2 weeks of a workshop. Cancellations within 1 month may be liable for full payment. Unfortunately, if the workshop/course/class is cancelled due to adverse weather conditions, illness or other circumstances out of my control, Angela Attwood Textiles cannot be held responsible for any personal financial losses incurred. Under these circumstances the workshop fee will be refunded in full or rescheduled.